Companies are going beyond their standard practices in Continuous Improvement to seek step-change improvement in industrial operations. Two-thirds of organizations are implementing or plan to implement an Industrial Transformation (IX) program. We studied the market to measure and understand what industrial enterprises are doing around IX. We anticipated that organizational factors play a significant role in the success, failure, or stagnation of IX programs, and discovered that companies face four organizational disconnects in the IX program.
This research report examines the disconnects that hinder Industrial Transformation among industrial organizations and:
- What the state of IX is right now
- The true role of plants in Industrial Transformation
- Why the CDO role isn't what everyone thinks
- How much budget companies are (and should) put forth for IX
- Where plant managers figure into the IX equation