In its history, sustainability has moved from an ideology to a strategic initiative embedded into daily operations. Leaders no longer manage
sustainability in a reactive and local way. Rather, in what is quickly emerging as the paradigm of Enterprise Sustainability Management (ESM), leaders are now developing unified information management strategies.
The ESM strategy enables organizations to address sustainability in a proactive and global manner as part of larger operational excellence initiatives. This research spotlight helps executives understand ESM. It covers the following:
- The evolution of sustainability strategies
- Challenges with managing sustainability
- Management systems and technologies for sustainability
- Enterprise Sustainability Management
- Actionable Recommendations
This Research Spotlight provides executives and managers across industries with guidance for understanding ESM strategies and the software leading organizations are using to achieve it.