These slides were presented at the 2016 Quality Roundtable on the topic of Advanced Quality Processes and New Product Introduction.
The Whirlpool Corporation is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States, near Benton Harbor, Michigan. The Fortune 500 company has annual revenue of approximately $21 billion, 100,000 employees, and more than 70 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world.
Though this presentation, Paul Hyink, VP of Global Quality, Whirlpool, highlights the following areas:
- New Product Introduction: WPD Process (50%+ improvement, 4.5 Star +)
- Platform Actions: Core Performance & Product Capability
- Manufacturing Quality: Process Capability & Control
- Electronics Quality: Hardware & Software Capability
- Supplier Quality: Process Capability & Control